We offer a comprehensive suite of activities from sequence optimization to final product generation (Gene to Protein). Our team has experience in handling difficult and complex target molecules. We offer the following services and solutions with the flexibility of multiple entry points to help our clients. We are proficient with most modern expression platforms and our facility are equipped to handle scale ranging from mg to grams.
Our Protein Sciences Services Include:
- Mammalian expression:
- Mammalian systems used for expression are CHO, ExpiCHO, HEK, ExpiHEK, etc.
- Protein production in transient expression mode or using stable clones or pools
- Insect cell expression:
- Baculovirus mediated protein expression and production in Sf9, Sf21, Hi5 and super Sf9 insect cell lines
- Yeast expression:
- Stable protein expression in Pichia, recombinant molecule is typically secreted in media by genome integration.
- Bacterial expression:
- Soluble, periplasmic and inclusion bodies in E. coli
- Multi-protein expression by co-transfection or duet plasmid technology
- Refolding condition screening and method optimization
- Construct design, scouting and screening studies for challenging proteins
- Protein expression scale-up using spinner flask, shaker flask, HYPER flask and WAVE bioreactor platforms to handle volumes up to 50 L scale with low operating costs
Combination of high-end instruments and a wealth of scientific expertise we provide the best in class customized purification platforms for research and drug discovery needs. We are proficient in purifying tagged as well as un-tagged and all classes of target proteins from mammalian, yeast and microbial expression systems.
- Purification process optimization
- Protein purification in batch binding mode as well as automated FPLC systems
- Chromatographic purification methods include IMAC, IEC, mixed-mode, HIC, SEC and affinity for micrograms to gram-scale quantities
- Antibody purification:
- Purification of monoclonal antibodies of different origins (Human, non-human Primates, Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Pig, Hamster, Gerbil, etc.)
- Purification of antibody fragments of various formats (Fab, Fab2, F(ab)’2, VHH, scfv and generation from full length mAbs
- Bi-specific and KIH antibodies
- Single domain antibody
- Protein purification from hybridoma cultures
- Microbial purification capabilities:
- Soluble protein
- Periplasmic protein
- Intracellular protein
- Refolding from inclusion bodies
- Purification of Major Histocompatibility (MHC) complexes
- Membrane protein production – GPCRs, nanodisc technology, etc.
- Antibody drug conjugate screening, development and purification
- High throughput protein screening and purification
- Protein cleavage and purification
Protein Analytics and Characterization
We are committed to deliver high-quality products by performing a number of routine protein analyses throughout all project stages ensuring the identity, purity, structural and conformational integrity, stability and function of the protein.
- Quantitative analysis: Protein estimation using Absorbance at 280nm, Bradford and BCA assays
- Qualitative analysis: SDS-PAGE (Reducing/Non-reducing) and DOT/Western blot analysis
- Purity: SE-HPLC, IEX-HPLC and RP-HPLC
- Protein stability analysis (Real-time and Accelerated Stability Testing)
- LC-MS analysis
- Capillary electrophoresis (CE)
- Peptide Mass Fingerprinting (PMF)
- Biological activity and binding studies using enzymatic assays, ELISA, Biacore, etc.
- Endotoxin analysis
- Host cell protein (HCP) and Host cell DNA (HCD) analysis
Protein Stability Analysis
- Real-time and accelerated stability testing.
- Long-term stability studies.
Protein conjugation and labeling
- Protein labeling/conjugation (HRP, biotin, Ruthenium, fluorescent labels, etc.)
- Conjugation of resin with specific protein/peptide